These past few years, infographics have expanded popularity on the internet, especially on various social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. They remain to be a popular way of spreading consciousness about your business and increasing social follower count. Due to their success in carrying information promptly and simply to the targeted audience, many companies and organizations have shown their interest in infographics. You may have some idea now about what infographics are. It is like infographics signify your message in an informative yet visual manner to sustain the attention of your readers. Combining infographics with other elements can increase your ranking in search engines.
Are you interested in using infographics in your content marketing?
Let us find out how they work together to make your content stand out.
- Make it unique – To make a “catchy” infographic, it is important to make it have an exceptional touch. A unique design will surely catch the attention of your targeted viewers. You can add some captivating images, graphics, and charts that will impress your viewers. Make sure to make it unique and have clear information for the viewers because we all know that some viewers pay 90% of their attention to the images. When the image is appropriate, the viewer spends more time looking at the image instead of turning the page into the next text.
- Do not exaggerate it – Remember to not make your information exaggerated. It will make you lose the interest of your viewers. Do not put too much color and design in the background. Viewers are looking for an easy way to digest and recall information. Think that the purpose of infographics is to make data understandable.
- Emphasize your message – You can make your message catch the attention of the viewers by making it bold and artistic. There are a lot of ways to emphasize the meaning of your message in different manners.
- Make it concise and simple – Do not give too much information when making your infographics. Remember to give interesting information simply and uniquely.
- Identify your purpose – If you want to make your infographics viral, you must know the purpose. This is so you would be able to attract the attention of your viewers.
Infographics can be an effective marketing tool. Using infographics, you can manage to increase the viewers because people nowadays are more interested in the visual content compared to a plain piece of text.
- Make your infographics sharable and linkable. For you to make it go viral, make your infographics available so that the viewers will have the ability to share it to others or even link it from their own sites.
- Increase your brand awareness.
- Increase your followers.
- Make your content easy to understand.
- Use it as a way to reach maximum coverage and attract traffic.
- Make your content accurate to your target audience. Many articles have mentioned that people become more interested in one topic or product because of the graphics they saw in it. Because they can easily know or recall your product with these graphs, they will give you a chance to make it to the top.
- Easily catch the attention of your target audience
- Make your content become the trending topic
- Make it easy to track and evaluate
- Make your infographic information easy to digest
When creating infographic designs, it depends on what kind of information you are looking for.
Have a look at the different types of infographics we have listed down below.
- Statistical infographics: from the word itself, statistics, it is visually presenting the data to the users. You put some chart icons, graphs, and numbers that will catch the attention of your viewers.
- Timeline infographics: the best example of this is a visualization of the history of something. you can create a brief presentation to present the events. You can also highlight important dates.
- Process infographics: this is the best way to provide a summary of a step-by-step process. You can use icons like arrows, flowcharts, and numbers.
- Informational infographics: for clear communication, you can use this infographic to give a quick snap using attractive images with brief words directing the idea in the topic.
- Geographic Infographics: If you want to show location data and demographic data, this would suit you. These infographics will allow your viewer to have an idea in one place by using map images.
- Comparison Infographics: It is understandable to struggle picking a product if you have a lot of options. A good way to make it understandable for your viewers is to compare the products through images. For example, if you are buying a phone, you can easily compare it since the seller releases an image featuring the camera, size, and color.
- Hierarchical infographic: the best example of this infographic is Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. You can use the pyramid chart for a wide variety of information.
The reason why infographics are still effective is because it helps you pass the message in an effective and visual way that will sustain the attention of your viewers. You should be aware that infographics, when used together with other elements, will give you the potential to have a higher ranking in search engines. The viewers will understand and enjoy your topic, which will lead them to become your supporter due to your infographics. People nowadays are more attracted to pictures rather than a ton of text. A picture that is worth a thousand words is the simplest way of providing information to your viewer by making it creative and brief in one image.
I hope this blog helps you a lot to know more about infographics and how to make them unique. Infographics are important to SEO, and there are different types of infographics that you can use in your future content.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us and enjoy a free 30-minute SEO audit. Leave us a message and let us talk about the future of your company.